Vincent Court is a 99 bed facility, managed by Catholic Care of the Aged, and part of Macleay Valley Parish, Kempsey, offering residential care on a permanent and respite basis. It offers a 21 bed Memory Support unit providing support to residents with a range of dementia specific needs. It is set in a leafy, residential area of Kempsey, offering residents an extensive site with full electronic security as well as being close to a range of local community services. Vincent Court is a boutique style hostel with light and airy community areas, offering residents spacious individual rooms, each with ensuite and its own courtyard. The courtyard, gardens and coffee shop areas provide residents with lots of opportunities to relax quietly with family and friends.
Community is very important to Vincent Court with it having close links with the local Kempsey community, bringing community groups into the facility including school children and enabling residents to regularly participate in community events and activities in and around Kempsey.
For those residents who enjoy outdoor life, there are a range of well maintained gardens offering plenty of areas to sit and raised garden beds to assist those who enjoy gardening. For the Memory Support unit there is a sensory garden complete with small chicken pen.
A seasonal and regularly rotating menu is provided by the on-site Chef and catering team, utilising a fully equipped production kitchen. This offers a wide range of individual choices, catering to all dietary requirements to include gluten free meals and meals for diabetics. Our objective is to provide varied nutritious, flavoursome meals with an appreciation of personal preferences & dietary requirements.
Vincent Court offers “Ageing in Place”;
- 24/7 registered nurse coverage.
- Spacious facilities indoors and out.
- "Happy hour" enjoyed by residents.
- Coffee shop opening on a regular basis to allow a relaxed area to catch up with family and friends.
- Access to internet, email and word processing technology to allow residents to keep in touch with family and friends.
- General Practitioners with Podiatrists.
- Occupational therapist, Chemist and Physiotherapists are accessible.
- The bus service into town is available daily with a subsidised taxi offered twice a week for those residents wishing to visit the centre of Kempsey.
- Well established 7-day activity program, to include weekend activities.
- Activity programs include activities such as daily exercise programs, walking programs, pets visiting, short and longer bus trips, massage, hairdressing, a beautician and a weekly art group.
- Hairdressing and beauty salon on site.
- On site chapel with a community service held once a month.
- Pastoral care staff onsite and is available on a daily basis where needed.